I have this vision of being your plus size go-to girl. I want to be the one you think of when you need a splash of body positivity, the one who you ask for suggestions on where to shop for an event or recommendations on where to buy particular clothing.
I wrote a post on where I shop plus size clothes in SA but I wanted to do a more in-depth series about each store I mentioned in that post.
Spree needs absolutely no introduction, in my personal opinion they are one of the leading online fashion retailers in SA because they offer a wide variety of brands, fits and they cater for just about any occasion (work, functions, casual wear, etc).
Now the keyword there is online because usually online and plus size don’t go well together. We are scared to buy because we don’t know how it will fit and look on our bodies BUT I honestly feel completely comfortable ordering from Spree because their sizing is quite accurate and they have a few other pros that help you pick your size which I will mention a bit later.
So let’s talk Spree and the shopping experience as a plus size woman.
- They offer a large variety of plus size clothing including some amazing brands.
- Service is on point, returns are easy peasy and unless they’re having sales delivery is usually fast.
- They cater for us fully – Need a dress for a function? Spree! Need work wear? Spree! Want to show your sexy booty in a cozzie for summer? Spree! The only thing they don’t offer is underwear which is understandable because it is a bit difficult to purchase underwear online.
- Their model size reference is really helpful when trying to decide on a size. They picture the model in the item and list the size she is wearing as well as her height. Simple touches like this make me feel more confident when buying something because I will have an idea if a dress will be too short or what size should fit me.
- They often offer the same item in various colours which I personally love because I am the person who buys one in every colour.
- Sizing is accurate and if you stick within a brand the sizing is consistent.
I really don’t have anything bad to say about Spree because I have never had a bad experience shopping with them and I love their quality and range.
I haven’t bought as much as I’d like to but I am going to give you my honest opinion on the items that I have purchased.
I love their tops, they have a wide variety, they’re good quality and they fit really nicely. I find that a lot of their tops are trendy and flattering. Two of my favourite tops (which are the exact same in different colours) are from Spree and they have lasted me forever even though I wore them to death when I first bought them and I still wear them now.
Again, soooooo many dresses and my go-to for a formal event. The model height really helps to figure out the length.
I haven’t bought jeans because we all know the jeans struggle but I plan on biting the bullet and ordering a pair soon.
Great fit, super quality and they have styled ones which makes it more fun – I bought a pair that had knee slits.
I bought a bag like 2 years ago and it’s still going strong. It’s old now and I am completely over it but the lining hasn’t torn, the PU hasn’t peeled and besides the gold trims that are a bit worn, the bag is in good condition.
I haven’t purchased a jacket or knitwear from Spree yet so I can’t comment on the quality but if you have, please let me know.
Spree is definitely my number one online store for plus size shopping and their sales are just amazing!
You can shop the plus range here
Do you shop at Spree? What do you love? What do you not like?
Also, was this post helpful? What would like me to include?